Barden are working with the Group CFO of a Dublin South based pharma company to find a Group Financial Controller for their finance team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with circa 10 years PQE from the manufacturing or production industry.
‘We are a rapidly growing business and need a strong Group Financial Controller to support the senior leadership team and to provide leadership and operational improvements to the Irish and Global finance teams’ – Group CFO
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Director will report to the Group CFO and be responsible for financial reporting, process improvements, and all management reporting.
This role, based in South Dublin, will suit an ambitious qualified accountant with circa 10 years PQE. You will be technically strong and have excellent experience in progressively senior roles, preferably in a busy manufacturing/production/supply chain industry. You will work closely with the CFO and be involved in the following:
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts management and approval.
- Lead the Financial Reporting function in the business; with responsibility for delivery of period end financial reporting package and management accounts and coordination of all statutory filings.
- The management of all finance operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy of the business.
- Monitoring of financial performance by measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimising the impact of variances.
- Management of Group and statutory audits across all entities and responsibility for ensuring these are completed to the required timescales.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Professional Accounting qualification – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA or equivalent with 10+ years relevant PQE
- Knowledge & experience of US GAAP, IFRS accounting, local compliance & tax regulations.
- International experience preferably with reporting experience in other European countries.
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a team is essential
- Strong systems skills with ERP implementation experience an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage well through ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
- Strong desire to take ownership with an ability to follow through to completion.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.