In Barden we are privileged to have been chosen by one of Cork’s most successful and ambitious businesses to identify a Head of Finance & Tax to lead a core part of their financial services business globally. This role is integral in their provision of world class financial service to a vast array of blue chip clients, will be responsible for the integrity of their products and will lead the evolution of their service offerings over time.
“We’re immensely excited about the potential for our business over the coming years – from small beginnings we’ve grown into a thriving team and been able to attract and retain a fascinating array of clients internationally. Now we’re doubling down, investing in our technology and service and making sure that next year we’re the business our clients expect us to be in 2025!” – Global COO
This will be a varied position, leading a large team, with a high degree of visibility with all stakeholders and the ability to influence the future direction of the business.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Drive continuous improvements in financial reporting systems to ensure they evolve and exceed customer expectations.
- Ownership for the integrity of financial systems to ensure that they are in pace with US GAAP/IFRS standards is a share based asset environment.
- Business partner with sales, ops and implementation teams to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Work with Tech teams to build additional functionality in existing systems and build novel reporting systems for new and prospective customers.
- Participate in presentations to clients as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of relevant in country statutory reporting.
- Build a team capable of participating as a profit center within the global business.
- Leadership of financial reporting and tax teams – hearts and minds, not just managing tasks.
- Lead research into market developments so as to identify future opportunities for the business.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Qualified accountant with significant experience in a financial services or related environment.
- Extensive leadership experience with a proven track record of evolving and retaining high caliber, professional teams.
- Strong knowledge of relevant reporting standards.
- Excellent business partnering skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels (both internally and externally).
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.