Are you a finance professional looking to transition from practice into industry or looking for a wider role within an Internal Audit department? This could be an opportune time to make the move.
Here at Barden we are delighted to working with a well-known Technology company in Cork to identify an Internal Audit Manager to join their global team. There will be huge variety to the role including leading and managing operational audits, ethics and compliance investigations and involvement in special advisory projects.
Reporting to an impressive Director of Internal Audit, this role includes people management responsibilities. The role will touch on all areas of the business offering ample opportunities for exposure to the wider organisation.
The ideal candidate will be big picture thinker and will have the ability to apply their skills gained from an internal or external audit background in a wider context.
If you would like to hear more please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org or my colleague Denis Galvin – email@example.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
– Responsible for conducting audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls and procedures
– Develop clear and concise reports and presentations on project findings as well as actionable recommendations to senior management
– Review and evaluate financial, operational and governance processes and systems to ensure integrity and compliance
– Coordinate the annual SOX testing plan with management
– Evaluate current business processes and identify process improvements and opportunities to gain efficiencies
– Take on a lead role in special projects, advisory work and investigations as needed
– Business partnering with several different departments including operations
ABOUT THE PERSON
– Qualified Accountant from a Big 4 background (not essential), with 5 years PQE
– Highly motivated individual with a demonstrated high degree of personal integrity
– Strong understanding of risk and control
– Extensive internal control, audit and/or risk experience
– Excellent oral & written communication and presentational skills
– Good team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Commercially astute with strong analytical skills
– Strong attention to detail
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.