The Global Head of Payroll of a US multinational in Cork is growing their International Payroll Team and is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to support this growth in Cork aswell as for Succession Planning.
You will lead a team of Payroll Specialists aswell as spearhead interesting projects and initiatives for the development of the team and to increase efficiency. With new migrations coming to Cork and a large upcoming project it’s an exciting time to join the team.
As well as a strong salary and benefits, this company offers a lot of flexibility to work from home three days per week, flexitime to start from as early as 6am.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
• Lead a team of Payroll Specialists to ensure Payroll is processed accurately and consistently meeting deadlines
• Be a knowledge source, mentor and train your payroll team.
• Oversee and assist in preparation of employee and payroll tax payments
• Delegate responsibilities and assist direct reports in completing month end payroll activities-preparing journals, accruals and Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Create and maintain control documentation, process flows and procedures
• Engage, participate and lead process improvement projects and identify areas where further improvements can be made to save time and improve accuracy
• Working with HR functions to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information and external providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees
• Spearhead payroll projects and act as the Payroll SME on broad finance project which may impact/ involve the payroll team
ABOUT THE PERSON
• Mature, analytical and personable individual
• People management experience
• Strong Payroll knowledge
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Ability to communicate and delegate well and coach and develop a team
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.