A newly created tax manager opportunity has arisen to join the in-house tax team of an Irish headquartered global software tech group. A growing and acquisitive group, there is a requirement for an international tax manager to lead a project to achieve tax efficiency for the group.
A highly visible role as you will work closely with many parts of the business outside of tax and as a result business partnering and stakeholder management are key skills you will develop in your career here. You will gain an excellent understanding of the group’s footprint globally together with detailed knowledge of the international entities.
You will join a great in-house tax team which is responsible for all aspects of the group’s international tax function. You will join a supportive and experienced tax team where you can learn and develop within a commercial industry environment.
About the position
- Working closely with local tax advisor firms internationally to design tax planning strategies and step-plans to achieve entity rationalisation across a number of jurisdictions.
- Review, analyse and challenge the output from advisers to ensure the most efficient strategies are being pursued.
- Summarise the final outcomes and strategies into internal documents for review by Senior Management.
- Work closely with Senior Management across the business (e.g. legal, finance, company secretarial) to ensure the efficient implementation and execution of the step-plans.
- Lead the building and implementation of tax processes which allow for efficient and robust entity rationalisation going forward.
- Management of external vendors to ensure timely and value-add advice is received.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, it is therefore also envisaged that the successful candidate will bring this knowledge to support the tax team in various structuring, process improvement and compliance projects. Support the tax team in various structuring, process improvement and compliance projects.
About the person
- A big 4/Top 10 trained chartered tax advisor – ideally someone at manager level within practice
- Experience across all areas listed above is not required so long as there is an enthusiasm to develop and learn these skills within industry, a curious mind with good research skills would be helpful
- Excellent project management & stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- You will need to be a strategic thinker with a long-term focus as this is a core part of our values and overall strategy.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.