In Barden, we are proud to be partnering with the Head of Innovation in one of Ireland’s leading retail businesses, to help identify an IT Project Manager to play a key role in a significant operational technology deployment happening across their circa 250 UK&I sites.
“This is a business-critical project with high visibility in the organisation and that will ultimately transform employee and customer experience. We’re looking for someone to embrace this piece of work, make it their own and play a critical role in transforming our business.”– Head of Innovation
Initially a 6-month contract with a competitive daily rate this role will have potentially longer-term potential as there are multiple other projects planned for 2024 and beyond. Hybrid working is available but there will be a need to be present in the HQ in Dublin circa 3 days a week given the sensitive nature of the project and the number of stakeholders involved.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The IT Project Manager role is responsible for delivering projects within scope, budget, and timeline, to defined standards. This role requires leadership, excellent communication skills, and an understanding of retail and/or supply chain processes. Headlines include:
- Manage end-to-end project lifecycle, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure
- Work with stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, deliverables, and success criteria.
- Develop detailed project plans, including schedules, to effectively manage resources, external partners, and progress.
- Assess risks and develop mitigation plans to reduce or prevent.
- Identify issues and facilitate resolutions.
- Coordinate project activities across various teams, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Monitor project progress by identifying deviations from the plan, and taking corrective actions.
- Manage project budgets and resources, including forecasting and project spend, to ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Lead project meetings, provide regular status updates, and prepare required project documentation.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and actively engage them throughout the project lifecycle to ensure their expectations are managed.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive the implementation of best practices.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and retail/supply chain practices to bring innovative solutions and insights to the projects.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in a similar role in IT in a supply chain and/or high-volume retail environment (ERP, CRM, POS) – understanding of retail and supply chain processes, including inventory management, logistics, distribution, and point of sale systems.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and processes.
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, with competing priorities and deadlines.
This is an ideal role for an experienced IT PM to have a significant impact on a large Irish company looking to innovate ahead of its competitors. Curious? Hit apply or drop a line to Ed Heffernan or Jane Olden in Barden and we’ll take it from there.Simple.
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.