Barden are delighted to be assisting a well-known Irish company to identify a Junior Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. The accounts payable specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day AP processing as part of a strong finance team.
This is a two-year fixed term contract with a strong view to permanency. The ideal person will have at least 1+ years’ experience in an AP/Accounts role.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Processing invoices and statements on a daily basis, starting from receipt and uploading onto our finance system. This involves obtaining authorization from the relevant managers and preparing them for payment as part of the payment cycle.
- Managing emails related to accounts payable.
- Reconciling with suppliers and following up as needed.
- Planning and preparing weekly and monthly payment cycles.
- Assisting in closing the monthly accounts cycle for Group Companies
- Supporting both internal and external audits.
- Keeping up to date with relevant technological changes and developments within our industry. This includes staying informed about advances in software and accounting standards.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Strong knowledge of AP
- Personable and reliable with excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently & as part of a team
- Good organisational skills & flexibility and the ability to prioritise when needed
- Proactive with a continuous improvement mindset
- Accounting Technician qualification is an advantage
- Strong excel skills an advantage
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Legal, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions.Simple.