Barden has been engaged by a technology multinational who is seeking a legal counsel to join its in-house legal team on a short term contract. The role will be based in the company’s Cork office but there is an option for a suitable candidate to be based in the Dublin office.
With an excellent reputation as one of Ireland’s Best Workplaces, this company offers excellent experience within a collaborative working environment.
The role will be primarily focused on commercial contract negotiations within EMEA.
Activities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and negotiating customer sales, channel partner, procurement and other agreements to include NDAs, evaluation, professional services, master purchase, reseller, and software license agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team
- Drafting and reviewing non-routine or specialised sales contracts
- Collaborating with business development organization on technology partnerships and other business alliance relationships, and drafting and negotiating contracts related to same
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of contracts-related processes and procedures to scale with the company’s growth, to include developing and maintaining playbook, standard forms, contracts database, etc
- Liaising with finance, legal, sales operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise
- Law degree at minimum
- Hands on experience in drafting and negotiating NDAs, evaluation agreements, and sales agreements, including software licensing, professional services, master purchase and reseller agreements.
- Experience working in-house with a technology company is beneficial
- Ability to adapt legal requirements in a pragmatic way, consistent with company objectives.
- Team player with strong business acumen and attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.