ABOUT THE COMPANY
Barden has been engaged by Financial Services business who are seeking a Legal Counsel to join the legal team on a permanent basis.
This business is a highly regarded employer with a strong culture, accordingly the role offers excellent work/life balance and hybrid working, together with excellent progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will work in a collaborative legal department which is fully immersed in the activities of the business.
*Open to considering a part time and flexible arrangements.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will:
- Provide legal, regulatory advice and support to the business, particularly in relation to funds but also across the wider business
- Become a trusted advisor to the business, ensuring that legal advice is provided in a commercial, practical and timely manner
- Establish strong working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues across the business
- Opportunities will also arise to advice on general in-house legal matters such as data protection and employment law
ABOUT THE PERSON
You will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience in funds or in the finance department of a top tier law firm. (For a more junior candidate, a training rotation in funds will be considered.)
You will have:
- Knowledge and experience of Irish investment funds with a strong understanding of the UCITS and AIFMD directives
- Experience with drafting and negotiating fund related documentation, including service provider agreements for European investment funds
- A solid understanding of company law, commercial contracts and financial services
- The ability to work closely within a small team while also being able to take ownership of matters (with support from superior when required)
- Experience with drafting and negotiating credit and lending documentation and wider financial services agreements is advantageous
- Additional knowledge of data protection, employment and/or procurement also beneficial
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.