Barden is thrilled to be in collaboration with our client, a leading Global Irish based company involved in the production, marketing and distribution of Irish Diary products in their search for an Operations Excellence Manager.
The Operational Excellence Manager will apply project management techniques in driving a structured approach to optimise site process improvements for increased productivity, quality & reduce waste. The role will identify and drive operational process improvement initiatives in line with best practice Operational Excellence methodologies.
The role will report into the site Operations Director and sit on the operations Senior Management team in supporting improvement activities being undertaken throughout facility as required. The role involves a hands-on approach, working with cross functional teams to develop and support delivery of site-specific annual process improvement initiatives. The role will have team of direct reports to support continuous improvement initiatives on site.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the site management team in the development and delivery of annual operational facility process improvement targets and management of the site productivity data analytics platforms (Power BI/Tableau).
- Ownership of training department, developing the framework into Best-in-Class model.
- Act as an advocate for operational excellence activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, six sigma, design experimentation for processes and optimizing manufacturing process parameters, to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop/deliver annual programmes to optimise process improvements for increased productivity, quality, and reduced waste levels.
- Key driver of Group operational process improvement projects/initiatives in line with operational goals.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop process improvement programmes and support their deployment/delivery.
- Delivering identified best practice process improvement tools between business units.
- Provide best practice training where required.
- Development of “standards” pertaining to operational process excellence.
- Providing support to the PMO process on site.
- Support the Site Health and Safety Strategy and KPIs.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- 3rd Level Qualification in Process or Mechanical engineering
- Lean Six Sigma black belt qualification or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience in a process improvement role.
- Manufacturing industry experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Power BI or other data analytics experience (e.g., Tableau).
- Excellent collaboration and engagement skills across all levels.
- Capable of leading large & small projects in a timely manner.
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mind-set.
Candidates must be an EU Citizen or hold a valid work permit/visa to be considered.
Please get in touch with Aidan Crowley in Barden (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss further.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.