Barden is delighted to partner with a Global Professional Services firm in their search for an ‘Oracle ERP & Functional Finance SME’ to join their team in Dublin. This role will sit within the Financial Services consulting practice which leads large scale enterprise change programs for clients in the financial services sector. The role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, agile team that is committed to helping clients navigate the ever-changing ERP landscape.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a challenging but fulfilling role where you will be required to operate as a key member of our team, playing a pivotal role in the delivery of business-focused solutions to a wide range of Financial Services clients. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and represents an excellent opportunity to build a long-term and successful career supported by ongoing development and training.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
Overview of role:
- Provide day to day application support for ERP and functional areas of finance, including but not limited to financial accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
- Requirements gathering and documentation for business changes
- Work with technical consultants to deliver client requirements
- Liaise directly with clients to ensure all requests for change are properly designed, assessed, prioritized and managed through to completion
- Managing Incidents within the set-out SLA’s and ensuring Incidents are updated timely with the expected quality of data and information.
- Identifying problems and working with key stakeholders to address the root causes and remediation
- Providing end user application and functionality training for Oracle application
- Creating test plans and coordinating testing with the different stakeholders
- Assist in defining and optimizing simple yet effective business processes and drive change within the organization through negotiation and consensus-building
- Help ensure that ERP initiatives follow the proper planning, scheduling and management processes.
- Assist with risk management and change management on projects
- You will have a proven track record of supporting Oracle for mid to enterprise level organisations, ideally within the financial services industry.
- You will be experienced in identifying process improvements that translate into Value Level Agreements and tangible business benefits to the customer
- You will be self-motivated, capable of working off your own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a dynamic team environment to assist with the delivery of project milestones.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Oracle application support consultant or similar role
- Certifications in Oracle Cloud platforms (Fusion is preference) or related certifications
- Experience in complex Oracle Fusion implementations and/or upgrades
- Previous experience of any or all: General Ledger, Receivables, Accounts Payables, Financial accounting
- Must have good experience translating business requirements and design into functional solutions
- ITIL process Knowledge
- Experienced user of defect tracking systems, including the extraction of key data for weekly reporting and KPI tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.