Barden is working with a well established insurance company looking to hire a Privacy Specialist to work alongside the DPO and the wider Legal team.
“I’m not looking for an assistant but rather a partner. We’ll carve up the work between us, with some oversight from myself but it will be very light touch” – DPO
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Processes and procedures in line with the data privacy framework and with ISO 27701 requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the GDPR and relevant data protection legislation.
- Conducting Data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and ensure the necessary follow up actions are taken.
- Data breach management and data subject rights requests procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of data protection training.
- Point of contact for data protection queries across the business.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- 2-3+ years of experience working as in a Privacy role, or a general compliance or legal role with good privacy exposure or in Information Security;
- Experience in the financial services or other regulated industries is highly preferred;
- Strong risk assessment and risk management experience, demonstrated by having conducted DPIAs or other regulatory risk assessments.
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.