Barden are delighted to be working with a growing Fund Administrator who are looking for a Manager to join them on their Fund Accounting team. There will be a focus on Private Equity/Hybrid funds. You will have a team of junior and senior fund accountants and will take responsibility of the client relationship and team co-ordination
‘The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in Audit or Administration, and proven knowledge of the funds industry’ VP, Fund Accounting
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You will be responsible for the detailed review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic net asset values of various private equity and hybrid funds (monthly and quarterly)
- Reconciliation of investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- ensuring timely and accurate NAV calculation along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Dealing with requests from investment managers and investors regarding all aspects of the account’s operation.
- Be the point of contact for the investment managers and ensuring the team maintains a good relationship with all clients.
- Updating internal accounting and client relationship systems, updating and verifying statistical information.
- Reviewing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund accountants and their assigned relationships and ensure effective communication amongst the team and escalation to VP when necessary
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Around 4 years extensive fund accounting experience including supervision/management of teams
- Relevant degree – accounting, finance, business or economics
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Private Equity fund accounting experience, with demonstrated knowledge of fund types and life-cycle events
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a bonus
Barden’s Financial Services recruitment practice is where FS professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your financial services career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.