Barden have been retained by a mid-sized insurance company in Dublin City to identify a Project Management professional who will deliver key business objectives with the backing, support and collaboration of the Operations Director and Head of IT.
This opportunity would suit someone who is hands on, a good communicator, and crucially enjoys enabling change and improving processes within an organisation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Project Manager you will work alongside the Head of IT and will report directly to the Director of Operations. These two key stakeholders will initially identify priority projects and issues that need to be tackled in the short, medium and long term. You will be socialised with the wider business and will work with subject matter experts from the relevant departments in order to initiate on board and ultimately close off projects.
- Understand the business requirements and develop clear and well-constructed project plans / schedules across each stage of the project life cycle.
- Play a lead role in project planning sessions, secure buy-in from all key stakeholders at the initiation stage in facilitating identification of, and agreement on, project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Implement and apply our project evaluation and delivery methodology – a set of tools, processes, procedures, and standards designed to increase the probability of successful project and programme delivery and to drive consistency across the organisation.
- Drive consistency in defining, planning, delivering, and managing projects within own responsibility and be accountable for project results.
- Provide the Director of Operations with a clear view on the status of agreed projects planned, underway and completed including clear articulation of the business benefits realised and to be realised.
- Effectively report on the realisation of tangible value and business outcomes from the investment in time, money, and resources to deliver projects.
- Lead on specific projects as directed by the Director of Operations and project manage those projects from initiation to completion.
- Engage and partner closely with all business departments as required to shape and deliver on agreed projects to drive increased operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with key stakeholders.
- Champion a coordinated and consistent approach to the identification, analysis & evaluation, planning, and delivery of agreed projects across all business areas.
- Share knowledge and build the skills and capabilities of others across the organisation with respect to Project Management techniques, approaches and lessons learned through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure effective risk management through the appropriate recording and management of project risks by identifying key risks and issues and identifying and recommending appropriate actions to address and resolve them to enable successful project delivery.
- Contribute to good governance through effective reporting to the Director of Operations, internal project governance mechanisms and project sponsors.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Possess key skills relating to project management, change and stakeholder management ideally with experience in insurance or financial services in Ireland or internationally.
- Process optimisation expertise, ideally within insurance, through a recognised qualification or “on the job” experience is essential.
- Background in consulting and project management type roles is a distinct advantage.
- Analytical and decisive, with the ability to prioritise and communicate key objectives to achieve organisational goals whilst building consensus and support across the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills to support detailed data analysis and reporting.
- Strong organisation and planning skills – ensuring on time delivery.
- Relevant professional / 3rd level qualification.
Barden’s Financial Services recruitment practice is where FS professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your financial services career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.