Barden has been exclusively engaged by a market leader service provider in significant expansion, looking to hire an experienced Risk & Compliance Manager to oversee the compliance function of the Irish operations, reporting into the CFO.
The offices are based in Dublin North but the company will accommodate hybrid working arrangements.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that business operations and procedures comply with any legal requirements and internal policies. The individual will also be the designated Data Protection Officer for the Irish business and have 2 or 3 direct reports. The person will have responsibility for the development and output of the team, as well as determining its optimal structure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes and recommend improvements;
- Educating and training the business on data protection and compliance issues;
- Oversee the management of data access requests and Data Protection Impact Assessments;
- Oversee internal & external ISO audits in conjunction with business owners to support the design of control systems;
- Provide regular compliance updates to the Board;
- Conduct regular Business Continuity Plan sessions to ensure management are fully aware of duties and responsibilities;
- Support the business with ad hoc data protection queries/requirements.
Full job spec available.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience in a compliance and/or data protection role;
- Experience auditing, reviewing and implementing improvements on compliance processes and policies;
- Excellent working knowledge of data protection regulations and ISO standards/quality system requirements;
- A qualification in Data Protection is highly desirable;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.