Barden are delighted to be acting on behalf of one of Ireland’s largest global retail groups to help build out their business analysis/product owner team in Dublin supporting all things finance. Working with key internal and external stakeholders these roles create the bridge between finance and the future of their process and the products that enable their significant contribution to the strategic future of the organisation.
“These roles drive an end-to-end Finance product strategy for our global team, including market research, ideation/innovation and strategic planning that will help drive our growth – they are key roles within our technology organization that will help shape the future direction of our business. It does not get more exciting than that!” – Group Head of Technology
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Understanding finance user needs, how the business works and driving the development of the product through clear prioritisation.
- Initiating and translating a product/process roadmap into a manageable product backlog and prioritising delivery based on value, risk and service considerations.
- Working with the Product Manager to define, prioritise and break the product backlog into user stories, including clarification and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborating closely with key team members and delivery partners to ensure the acceptance criteria of stories is met and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises.
- Combining awareness of the relevant business area, the retail market, our customers and other consuming technology product teams to ensure products satisfy all three.
- Know our market, our competition and our business models. Identify trends within customer segments and product segments for new products or improvements for existing ones.
- Keep abreast of new technical developments which could improve or redefine the product and customer experience.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Circa 3-5 years’ experience in a Business Analysis, product owner or project management role in a large, fast paced organistaion.
- Experience working in a large ERP or similar implementation/upgrade is key.
- Exposure to finance would be helpful but it’s not essential – for great people it’s about the methodology not necessarily the specific technology or function.
- Smart, ambitious and collaborative people will relish a role like this.
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.