Barden are currently working with a leading Pharmaceutical company who are looking to hire a Senior Buyer into their team. This is a nice broad role where you will gain exposure to a number of different categories including, drug substance, drug product and packaging. You will be involved in all phases of the procurement process from sourcing, category and vendor management to management and process design.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Lead all buying activities for critical Suppliers.
- Assist in managing the policies, procedures, systems, people and operations that support procurement activities globally.
- Assist in the design and enhancement of company-wide policies and standard procedures to facilitate efficient and effective procurement activities and systems.
- development of world-class automated P2P transaction cycles.
- Ensure that the Company’s procurement processes and systems support core business objectives while ensuring a compliant and cost-effective approach.
- Collaborate closely with the Corporate Procurement department on cross-functional strategic sourcing initiatives and general purchasing processes and procedures.
- Support Procurement Specialists in executing strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Assist in the development and communication of procurement-related spend analytics and data reporting for business units.
- Collaborate with Finance and functional management to identify and deliver cost savings opportunities.
- Business partner with key procurement stakeholders beyond user community, such as the financial planning, accounts payable, corporate accounting, IT and Legal departments.
- Report on established Procurement performance metrics and monitor baseline performance and improvements. Assist in developing new metrics based on business needs and changes.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Pharma, Biotech or Life Sciences background a plus.
- BA in Business, Supply Chain or related field desired.
- Extensive ERP System knowledge,
- Strong business acumen along with excellent communication skills.
Curious? Feel free to get in touch with Marissa Maher in Barden (email@example.com) for more information.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Legal, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions.Simple.