Here in Barden we are really excited to be working in close partnership with our multinational client on a new Supply Chain role.
This role is part of a Global team which is responsible for sourcing and purchasing of goods and services in a way that adds value and ensures competitive advantage for this organisation. As Sourcing Specialist you will support the Manufacturing network for commercial products by sourcing container closure components, device components, & external drug product manufacturing, supporting category sourcing strategies, leading supplier relationship management activities as required, and supporting account management to ensure alignment between Procurement and its business clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support procurement activities and provide commercial leadership for container closure components, device components, and external drug product manufacturers, as well as, influencing standardization and consistency between clinical trial and commercial manufacturing.
- Develop, execute, and maintain supplier strategy for assigned categories from category strategy development through sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation, contract management, risk management, and cost management.
- Maintain sourcing strategies, spend analytics, and external market knowledge for external drug product manufacturing.
- Understand clinical trial and commercial strategy (make versus buy), governance processes (transactional versus strategic), and business operational requirements. Work directly and closely with commercial manufacturing functional leadership, manufacturing site functions, and governance teams to ensure continuity of supply while maintaining an efficient cost effective supply chain.
- Manage supplier relationships with key global suppliers to establish and maintain relationships, influence the continuity of a reliable continuous supply chain, and establish or maintain an efficient cost effective supply chain.
- Facilitate delivery of development pipeline, ensure reliability of commercially manufactured products, and perform risk mitigation activities from assessment of risk through development of risk mitigation strategies and implementation to execution of the annual supplier risk management process.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific, engineering, business, supply chain, procurement or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in procurement, external supply or manufacturing of relevant materials, or internal pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Previous experience working directly with suppliers
- Ability to influence business decision making both internally & externally
- Business acumen, project management, presentation, and communication skills
- ERP experience an advantage.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.