Here in Barden we are delighted to be partnering with an organisation that is at the forefront of enabling cross-border e-commerce for globally recognized brands in their search for a Procurement professional. This business is dedicated to enhancing the global consumer experience by harnessing cutting-edge technology and expertise. Their focus is on simplifying and securing every facet of the shopping journey, from site development and demand generation to shipping, customer service, and returns.
They are now looking for an experienced commercial Buyer to join their dynamic Procurement team as they continue to grow. Reporting to the Head of Procurement and working closely alongside the Finance function, you will be closely collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders and as well as the day to day you will be involved in transformation projects.
Do you want to play a pivotal role in shaping the procurement landscape within a dynamic and diverse environment? In this position your contributions will play a significant role in enhancing the efficiency of the company’s supply base, aligning with their mission to create outstanding global shopping experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Your responsibilities will include on-boarding new vendors, nurturing existing vendor relationships, ensuring adherence to Procurement policies, contributing to an efficient supply base, and getting stuck into transformation projects.
- Take the lead in various aspects of strategic sourcing, which entails engaging with stakeholders, managing RFP processes, conducting negotiations, and reviewing contracts.
- Ensure the successful execution of contracted activities, consistently seeking opportunities for improvement and optimising the value derived from vendor engagements.
- Manage established commercial relationships with vendors.
- Assist in the development and execution of annual savings plans.
- Identify and facilitate the efficient on-boarding of new suppliers.
- Lead initiatives pertaining to contract management.
- Advocate for best procurement practices and policy alignment.
- Develop and deliver key business performance metrics.
- Manage or contribute to process enhancement projects and the adoption of best practices.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- At least 5 years of experience in a procurement or sourcing role.
- Proficiency in managing RFPs, conducting commercial contract reviews, negotiating, and a proven track record of delivering cost savings.
- Strong analytical and IT skills, with a focus on advanced Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to propose and implement process improvements.
- Prior procurement experience in the Technology/IT sector an advantage.
- A CIPS qualification is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.