ABOUT THE JOB
Barden are delighted to have partnered with the Programme Director of a global Irish tech company to help identify a Senior Programme Manager to lead a team of Project Managers and take on the delivery of a major program of work with a primary focus across their Irish and UK businesses.
“We’ve built a flexible and dynamic team over the last 24 months who now play a key role in leading change across our global organisation – with significant investment in play we are now in a position to appoint my defacto #2 who will have the chance to shape programme strategy and deliver on the most significant change programme our organisation has seen in a decade” – Programme Director
With large corporate offices in both Dublin and London there is the option to work in either location or on a fully remote model with occasional visits to the central locations. This role will be varied and will lead the planning and delivery of multi-faceted, cross-divisional change programmes. The role will require engaging with the relevant programme team(s), project lead(s), divisional leaders, CTOs, technology, and business professionals across the globe and will also see you leading and developing a team of Project/Programme managers delivering technical and business initiatives across the Group. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder management: develop relationships with key stakeholders from across the corporate and divisional technology teams, and, where necessary, third-party vendors to drive and influence strategic decision-making at senior levels to define programme scope and plans for the delivery of our strategic initiatives.
- Governance: establish the appropriate governance structures and reporting processes, ensuring all issues are addressed and resolved, ensuring milestones are met, budgets are managed, and outcomes are achieved.
- Strategy: form strategies and approaches with the Group Programme Director, the Technology Change Team, Project/Programme Lead(s) and other PMO Group/divisional teams to help achieve the goals and objectives of the Technology Change team.
- Alignment: design and implement strategies to ensure the programme remains aligned on interdependencies, scope, objectives, interdependencies, and decision-making authority.
- Change Leadership: work with teams across the group to ensure the Technology Change Leadership model is utilised to effectively embed the change while supporting, questioning, and challenging the programme stakeholders on key decisions and milestones.
- Culture: fostering an organisational culture that embraces and thrives on change while serving as a role model in the promotion of the Group’s position on responsible gambling.
- Leading People: the capacity to build and empower high performing teams, and to maximise the performance of others.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- This is a people-first role and success will be premised on the person’s ability to lead a small team of project managers and influence stakeholders across the global organisation. This opportunity will suit someone with leadership experience and who enjoys driving change through people as well as technology.
- While it is assumed this person will come from a technology background the role does not require deep technology experience in a specific area or business pillar. This opportunity will suit someone that can understand the macro and lead others to execute on the micro.
- A creative thinker, influencer and someone with a track record of leading change will do very well in this emergent world-class team.
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.