ABOUT THE ROLE
Barden are delighted to be partnering with a Multinational client contact of ours who are looking to recruit a ‘Senior Systems Engineer’ to work on a specific Business-focused project. This is a 15 month contract position running until the end of 2021! This assignment can be work on a fully remote basis.
There is a competitive Daily rate on offer with flexibility work remotely with site visits to Cork when required by the Business. Reporting into the ‘Lead Systems Engineer’ you will liaise with two key business units within the overall organisation – IP Operations & Managed Service Provider (MSP). You will be confident of ‘hitting-the-ground-running’ & achieving previously agreed project SLA’s within a complex VMWare, Exchange, AD, IIS and SQL environment.
” I am focused on achieving key project SLA’s & milestones as the overall business looks to effect real change through this programme of work. The ‘Systems Engineer will add immediate value to the project and add instant value to the project” – Lead Systems Engineer
Responsibilities will include:
- You will manage the overall performance and stability of a complex VMWare, Exchange, AD, IIS and SQL environment.
- The management of an Office 365, Azure cloud environment will be a daily focus for this role.
- As required, you will also monitor and maintain Backup & Security requirements.
- Be a key player in a strategic organisation-wide Project.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- It is essential that you would have a proven background in working with Office 365 & operating in an AWS / Azure Cloud environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders to understand business needs and manage operational issues.
- Extensive exposure to – Microsoft Windows Server & Active Directory.
- 5+ years of Virtualization exp (VMware or MS Hyper – V)
- 5+ years of MS Server support experience in a production environment