The Barden team are excited to be assisting a global pharma group who are growing their tax team in Cork.
This position will have a wide remit but mainly focused on Indirect Tax.
This role will offer the successful candidate a real opportunity to experience a global tax role, they will be working closely with a tax team who work across direct tax, tax technology, transfer pricing etc.
This role is a 12 month contract initially and the company operates a hybrid work model with good options for remote working.
- Working closely with local finance teams and external advisors to ensure all indirect tax compliance obligations met on a timely basis
- Responsible for ensuring all tax processes are efficient and kept updated, while also suggesting improvements as required
- Keeping up to date on changes in tax law and updating the wider business as appropriate and assisting with indirect tax queries from the business
- Liaising with tax authorities and third-party advisors
- Providing advice to stakeholders across the business on tax matters as required
- Assisting with wider projects in the business e.g. tax system implementation, automation etc
About the person:
The successful candidate will be a qualified Tax Consultant and/or a qualified Accountant with approx. 2-3 years’ PQE. The candidate will have experience in a large accounting firm or in a multinational environment. Ideally, they will have strong accounting or indirect tax knowledge. The successful candidate will be a team player with good attention to detail and also a good communicator who builds strong relationships.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Legal, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions.Simple.