Barden has been engaged by an international, renewables-focused, energy trading company to assist with the hire of a Senior Trading Business Partner. The company has grown rapidly from a start-up in 2011 to now employing over 90 professionals based in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and Japan.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Overseeing the production of daily P&L reporting including maintaining and improving the daily control and reporting structure for the trading desk.
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results including investigating any variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Ensuring the reported p&l and Trading Balance Sheet reported at month end is reported correctly
- Ensure all valuation and settlement of OTC (Over the counter) trades are prepared and delivered accurately and in line with the contractual terms
- Ensure the establishment of appropriate daily / weekly reporting on new business / products within the Proprietary Trading desk
- Partner with the Front Office including the Business Manager to assist with p&l understanding, capital usage and fees, other KPI’s to assist in the managing of the desk performance
- Partner Front Office on strategic desk initiatives – new markets, products
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of product related data feeding the derivative accounting sub ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation including price testing
- Ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
ABOUT THE PERSON
The successful person should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Experience of commodity markets and futures and Options as traded products (or in equivalent asset class)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate complex matters in clear language and influence others
- Innovative thinker, with strong analytical skills: an ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge of Derivative life cycle from execution to settlement with particular focus on valuation and margining
- Share the values values of Excellence, Curiosity and Humanity.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.