Barden are delighted to be partnering with a leading global tech company who are growing their Global Indirect Tax team which is based here in Cork. This role will be a great fit for an ambitious Tax/VAT professional who wants to join an experienced team and who wants to continue to learn and progress their career.
“We are looking for someone who can add value to the team and put their own stamp on this role. Someone who is keen to get involved in a range of projects and is keen to learn”– Tax Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role will primarily focus on EMEA Indirect Tax reporting and compliance but there will also be scope to get involved in global projects. The team is known for working collaboratively and there is excellent support in the group.
- Responsible for ensuring filing and payment deadlines are met in a timely manner across the EMEA including VAT and Intrastat returns, EC sales listings, refund claims, payments etc.;
- Assessing processes and ensuring these are efficient and effective;
- Liaising with wider finance team to ensuring relevant reporting complete and correct;
- Work with the Indirect Tax Lead on strategic projects;
- Assist with queries from internal and external stakeholders.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Min. 2 years’ tax/accounting experience in large accounting firm or multinational environment;
- Experience working in VAT ideally;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and working to deadlines would be an advantage;
- Experience with an ERP system ideally SAP would be an advantage.
Please get in touch with Aideen Murphy in Barden (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss further.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.