This will suit a tax manager who’s down to earth, outcome-focused, pragmatic with high energy, motivated, flexible and curious. You will be able to cope with change and ambiguity.
Reporting to the the group financial controller, responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the group complies with all relevant taxation obligations across the various jurisdictions in which it operates.
- Overseeing tax matters across all channels, including Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Transfer Pricing, VAT etc.
- Support the financial controller with Month end and Year End financial reporting and provide any assistance required with Board reporting.
- Play an active role in the Finance Team and provide support and guidance on technical accounting issues.
- Contribute to the Tax strategy for the Group and support expansion into new International markets.
- Ensure taxation processes are appropriately documented and reviewed.
- Provide inputs to annual Report and interim results
- Provide input to the Group’s risk register regarding taxation matters.
- Support external and internal taxation audits and implement any recommendations.
- Support M&A activities, as required
- Qualified tax professional and accountant with a strong understanding of tax accounting, tax compliance and general tax matters for an international business
- Prior experience working in industry with a commercial mindset
- Ability to project manage a number of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to explain tax issues to colleagues without a tax background in a meaningful and clear manner.
- A team player, while still having the ability to work on initiative to identify and help resolve tax issues facing the group.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.