An iconic Irish business with some well established and also growing business units are looking to recruit a tax manager to join the finance team.
A dynamic, exciting place to work, this is an excellent career opportunity for a tax manager who is interested in a commercially focused role which is relationship driven and as such requires a good cultural fit for the business. It would suit a tax manager who has a flexible approach to work, a can do attitude and a relaxed personality who can deal with all levels of an organsation across a variety of backgrounds.
The position offers a good work life balance whilst still ensuring a rewarding career.
About the position
- Manage the compliance process of all corporate tax returns
- Manage the year end process from a tax perspective for the annual Financial Statements;
- Manage and Identify tax risks throughout the Group and take a lead role in managing tax compliance across all major tax heads
- Work closely with other members of the finance team on the development of effective and highly controlled tax processes;
- Drafting and implementation of tax policies and procedures to ensure that the Group are compliant with appropriate tax regulations;
- Provide appropriate tax advice to internal business partners (e.g. legal team, finance teams etc) within the Group and use external advisors as and when required to formulate and advise on tax efficient solutions;
- Assist with Group planning and other forecasting exercises, ensuring taxes are considered at every stage;
- Review business practices and proposed arrangements to provide tax efficient solutions that support these business initiatives;
- Provide tax advice on matters such as acquisitions, business re-structuring and financial products;
- Provide tax training to appropriate staff, lead and develop your direct report (s)
About the person
- A qualified tax professional and ideally qualified accountant operating at manager/senior manager level
- Some industry experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Culture fit really important as above
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.