The Barden Tax team are assisting a medium sized international pharma group who have created a brand new role for a Tax Specialist within their established finance team. This is a unique opportunity for a Tax Consultant to shape this new role in Cork.
The Tax Specialist position will have a wide remit and will work across a range of tax heads. The Tax Specialist will have excellent support from a very welcoming team and there is good scope to develop the role. The company also has a great reputation as an employer in Cork.
- Responsible for ensuring all tax processes are efficient and kept updated, while also suggesting improvements as required
- Keeping up to date on changes in tax law and updating the wider business as appropriate
- Working closely with the wider finance team to ensure all tax compliance obligations met on a timely basis including responsibility for corporate and indirect tax compliance
- Assisting with tax accounting and reporting, including calculating tax forecasts and budgets
- Assist with Transfer Pricing reviews and ensuring adequate documentation is in place
- Liaising with tax authorities and third party advisors
- Providing advice to stakeholders across the business on tax matters as required
About the person:
The successful candidate will be a qualified Tax Consultant and/or a qualified accountant with 1-3 years’ PQE. The candidate will have experience in a large accounting firm or industry. Ideally they will have strong accounting skills and good tax knowledge or a particular interest in developing their career in tax. The successful candidate will be a team player with good attention to detail and also a good communicator who builds strong relationships.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.