Are you an experienced accountant with 5+ years PQE looking to make a step up into a people management role?
Barden are delighted to be working with our client, a US multinational company with a significant presence in Cork to identify an Associate Manager to join the business. This is a key role for the business and they are seeking a Finance Professional with strong Financial Reporting experience. This company is well known for its globally diverse workforce and collaborative working culture.
This role will report to a Senior Finance Manager with a superb reputation. This is an ideal role for an ambitious person looking for a long term career with plenty further progression opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
An immediate opportunity has arisen for an Associate Manager to take on the responsibility for the accounting activities for one of the organization’s global regions. This will be a hands-on Finance role, with an end-to-end view of the month end results as well as managing and leading a team of 4 accountants.
Typical duties include:
- Execute and review business unit closing activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Drive continuous process improvements and efficiencies and ensure adequate documentation for all processes are in place
- Responsible for the filing of all statutory documentation for the team, including statutory financial statements and tax filings
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting rules along with SOX where applicable
- Take on a lead role in the group and statutory audit processes liaising with external auditors
- Manage the workload of the team to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner while also managing expectations of the businesses
- Ad hoc projects as well as business partnering with local partners
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified Accountant from a Big 4 background (not essential), with 5+ years PQE
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in a deadline-oriented environment
- Experience in leading teams and driving high performance outcomes
- SAP Experience is desirable
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.