Barden is delighted to partner with the CTO of an established multinational computer networking company who is looking to evolve and create a software development centre of excellence as they look to build out their software offering. As part of this expansion, they are looking to appoint an experienced ‘Technical Product Manager’ to join their team in Cork, Ireland.
“As a pioneer of network technology, the business has worked tirelessly to provide people & businesses with the tools they need to connect and collaborate online. We are now looking to enhance this experience even further with value-added services. This newly created team will drive the creation of software subscription services to complement our established hardware offerings. To enable this expansion, our Cork office will act as the home to a software development center of excellence. We are excited for the growth trajectory to come and are keen to get someone on board to be part of that journey. CTO, Software
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The newly appointed CTO, Software is looking for an experienced ‘Technical Product Manager’. The business is going through a revolutionary change, expanding it’s core offering of networking technology to add software subscription services, and they need someone to join the newly created team. This person will be required to collaborate and work with the partners and internal teams responsible for delivering new services on hardware products in a timely fashion. This new service offering forms a key part of the growth strategy for the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team leading a top technology company through a critical change.
- External face of software engineering for Product Management and other cross functional stakeholders
- Be the bridge between product managers (PMs) in California and the engineering teams in Cork and India
- Work with the PMs to understand and refine their requirements representing the engineering constraints.
- Work with the Engineering teams to implement those requirements.
- Agile Product Owner for Scrum or Kanban engineering teams
- Manage the detailed backlog and prioritization of tasks within the priorities driven by product.
- Close requirements gaps where necessary and working with stakeholders to achieve this.
- Drive the agile process – run planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Ensure that the team’s process is constantly improving.
- Work with the engineering teams to provide estimates for scope and committed delivery dates.
- Drive execution across multi-team ensuring that the ball is not dropped between teams.
- Provide weekly updates on project status and be able to answer questions on issues and slips.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that new features are well designed, maintainable, and effective.
- Help engineering teams triage incidents and bugs.
- Manage stakeholder expectations. Ensure that requirements are understood and effectively captured. Keep stakeholders updated on any changes in delivery dates.
- This role will be required to work across different time zones (including West Coast America) as part of it’s day to day role
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
- At least 8 years of R&D product development and program management experience, preferably in consumer services provided through hardware equipment.
- Creative and independent problem solver who can take an idea and flesh it out – identify opportunities, plan next steps, create meaningful success metrics, refine and continuously improve implementation through shared learnings.
- Tireless and effective communicator, who enjoys shifting between high-level executive summaries, detailed technical discussions, and our customer’s perspective.
- Outstanding influencing skills, effective mentoring, thoughtful listener.
- Data driven – strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong technical and business judgement.
- Ability to effectively balance long term technical vision with short term business goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile software development environment with frequent software releases.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with both a grasp of the big picture and meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can find their way between organizations in a complex corporate.
- Entrepreneurial get-things-done attitude.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.