ROLE: Risk Management Team Lead
ABOUT THE ROLE
Barden are delighted to be partnering with an Innovative Global Multinational client who are currently seeking an experienced Risk Management Leader for their Cork-based Global Solutions Operation.
The ‘Third-Party Risk Manager’ will oversee all team activities and will actively connect with the team and drive engagement to ensure a high performing team and culture.
‘TPRM’ has evolved from a ‘check-the-box’ process to a substantive function, complete with policies, procedures & systems, in companies that are serious about managing Third-party risk.
The successful candidate will work in partnership internally, cross functionally and externally with third parties, and to assess and mitigate third party risk.
“Our organisation works with an extensive network of third-party organizations to perform a vast range of activities across the enterprise. The TPRM unit was set up to ensure a minimal impact to Business Op’s from known internal risks such as – Privacy, Information Security, Compliance, Pricing & IT.”
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the team consistently strives to pursue the process of identifying, assessing & controlling the risks presented throughout the lifecycle of Third-party relationships.
- Provide oversight to Senior Leadership (CPO, VP of Ethics etc) of the TPRM initial and on-going monitoring due diligence processes, reporting progress and results.
- Demonstrate a strong Compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture within the team
- Partner with Risk domain business functional areas to ensure TPRM activities are maintained and reflect current risks and expectations.
- The central team’s scope encompasses priority business and risk areas across all stages of the Third-party collaboration lifecycle.
- Successful execution of this strategy will reduce third party risk, strengthen capabilities, drive consistency and efficiency, and reduce cost.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- You will have a background in Audit, Operational Risk or Risk Management.
- Ideally have worked in environments where Risk domains such as Anti-Corruption, Privacy, Information Security & Information Systems Quality were a priority.
- Have a proven ability to oversee the overall implementation of a holistic program to support effective decision making & determining potential inherent risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree and or CIPP/CIPT/CTPRP/CRISC/CISA/CISM qualification
- Strong Third-party management experience
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the Cyber Security, Tax, Accounting & Finance community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support at each step of your career.
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.