Qualified accountant? You can now, officially, have your cake and eat it. Here's why....by Barden | Experts in Accounting & Tax recruitment
It’s all about supply and demand – simple recruitment economics.
Under supply of accountants (from recently qual up to the circa 5 years PQE level) + Over demand for accountants (at the same levels) = a highly candidate driven market = salary inflation = more choice for candidates = hiring managers working harder to attract and retain talent. Simple.
“2008 has nothing on 2019. Right now we are in a unique market – where demand for finance talent has reached a peak never before seen” – Elaine Brady, Managing Partner | Barden Dublin. “From recently qualified to about 5 years PQE there are nearly 2 roles for every 1 qualified accountant – people have never had as many options before. That’s good news for candidates but it means hiring managers are needing to entirely rethink their go to market strategy”.
Dublin & Cork are obviously thriving. And it’s just getting started.
“This trend shows no signs of abating. In fact it’s likely to get worse before it gets better. Companies are needing to re-imagine reward and the starting point is to look at the non-financial, intrinsic reward. Non-Financial reward or how it “feels to work here” is where the war for talent is really being fought. Money is a hygiene factor these days, not a motivator – it’s absence demotivates but it’s presence does not motivate. It’s taking some hiring managers a long time to get their heads around this concept.” – Jonathan Olden, Managing Partner | Barden Cork
In Barden we are all about advice 1st; jobs 2nd. We’re the recruitment experts that qualified accountants come to before they start looking for a job. In a market with so many options, objective, informed advice is invaluable. You can count on our team in Barden for that – it’s what we’re know for out there.
Just in case world class career/market advice isn’t enough for you, don’t worry; we’ve access to the best finance roles in Ireland’s top teams too…. all in one place; just for you. Some (just a snapshot!) of our current opportunities for qualified accountants nationally include:
- Finance Director – Irish Group Plc – Dublin City, 140-150K+
- Group Financial Controller – Irish Plc – Dublin City, 140-160K+
- International Finance Director – FMCG – Global, 130-140K+
- FP&A Manager – Irish plc – Dublin West, 80-90K
- Financial Controller – Healthcare – Dublin North, 80-90K
- Revenue & Projects Manager – PLC – Dublin South, 70-75K
- Commercial Financial Controller – Irish FMCG – Dublin West – 80-85K
- Senior Project Accountant – Irish Tech Company – South Dublin, 75-80k
- Financial Controller – Growing Services Company – North Dublin, 75-80k
- Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager – Pharma – City Centre, 70-75k
- Group Finance Manager – Irish Plc – West Dublin, 70-75k
- Group Financial Accountant -Telco – Dublin West, 60-65k
- Financial Accountant – FMCG – Dublin City Centre, 50-55k
- FP&A Manager – Pharma – Dublin West, 60k – 65k
- Financial Accountant – Global Technology – Dublin City Centre – 55k +
- Group Financial Accountant – Top 4 Aircraft Leasing Firm – Dublin City Centre – 55k+
- Senior Financial Accountant – Construction – Dublin North – 60K+
- Financial Analyst/Business Partner – Irish plc – Dublin City/South – 60k+
- Group Financial Accountant – Investment Banking – Dublin City Centre- 55k+
- Internal Audit Assistant Manager – FMCG – Dublin City (+30% travel) 55-60K
- Finance Business Partner – Irish Plc – Dublin City West – €65k
- Group Financial Accountant – Property Development – Dublin City Centre – 55-60k
- Commercial Financial Accountant – Bio-pharma company – Dublin City West – €55 – 60k.
- Finance Business Partner – Professional Services – Dublin City Centre – €60k.
….and that’s just for starters.
- Financial Controller – Technology – Cork City – 75-80K
- Finance Manager – Financial Services – West Cork – 65k
- FP&A Manager – FMCG/Retail – Cork City – 70K
- Senior Financial Reporting Manager – Technology – Cork City – 80-85K
- Snr Finance Manager – Finance Hub – East Cork – 65-70K
- Group Reporting Manager – Plc – Kerry – €Neg
- Audit Snr/Assistant Manager/AD/Directors – Big 4/Top 10 – Cork/Limerick/Munster – €Various up to 85/90K+
- Investment Manager – Botique Family Office – Cork City – €Neg
- Internal Audit Manager – Global Tech – 65-75k
- Practice Senior – Top 10 – Cork City – 45-50K
- Practice Manager – Top 10 – Cork City – 65-70K
- Senior Project Accountant – IT – 55-65k
- Financial Reporting Accountant – Pharmaceutical – 50-65k
- Financial Analyst – Medical Device – 50-60K
- Finance Business Partner (OPEx) – IT – Cork City – 55-60K
- Financial Accountant – Energy- Cork City – 50- 52K
- FP&A Manager -Leasing- Cork City – 70-75K
- Senior Stat Accountant – Tech – 75-80K
- Financial Analyst (Capex) – 60-65K
- Commercial Accountant – Irish Indigenous FMCG – 55k
- Management Accountant – Investment company – 55k
- Senior Financial Accountant – Pharmaceutical – 60k-€70k
- RTR Accountant – Pharmaceutical -Easr Cork – 50k-€55k
- Financial Accountant – Financial Services – West Cork – 48-52K
- Management Consulting Managers – Big 4 – Cork City – €Neg
- Advisory Specialists – Big 4/Top 10 – Cork City – 55-60K
….and there’s plenty more coming down the track in Cork.
For the best advice on your professional future AND access to the top finance teams in Ireland, get in touch with Barden (email@example.com) and one of our expert team will take it from there. Simple.
Make sure you make 2019 count.
Make sure you know your options.
Make sure you know Barden………It’s time to have your cake & eat it.
At Barden we invest our resources to bring you the very best insights on all things to do with your professional future. Got a topic you would like us to research? Got an insight you would like us to share with our audience? Drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take it from there!