Smurfit Kappa partner with Kate Flanagan in Barden to identify an ambitious Group Tax Accountant....
- Responsible for compliance, controllership and planning in the Irish Group
- Responsible for the Irish corporation tax provision, both current and deferred tax
- Management and review of the year-end Irish tax packs reported to Group
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of Irish corporation tax computations and returns
- Responsible for all compliance related issues for Ireland
- Review of tax notes in financial statements
- Main point of contact with auditors and tax advisors
- Liaising with the Revenue Authorities, managing ad hoc Revenue queries/audits and seeking Revenue confirmations on certain tax positions (with assistance from advisors/global tax team)
- Ability to provide pro-active tax planning opportunities
- Assistance with Group management reporting in other jurisdictions
- Indirect taxes review and training
- Transaction support including bond issuances
- Supporting the execution of legal entity simplification
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
- AITI CTA qualified with circa 1-2 years post qualification experience
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Preferably working with large corporates in a Corporate Tax Department in a “Big 4” accounting firm or as an in-house Irish corporation tax specialist within Industry
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of Irish corporation tax principles including knowledge of all tax heads
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent computer skills specifically Microsoft.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative
- Some international travel may be required
About Smurfit Kappa:
Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading providers of paper-based packaging solutions in the world, with around 46,000 employees in approximately 370 production sites across 35 countries and with revenue of €8.5 billion in 2017. We are located in 22 countries in Europe, and 13 in the Americas. We are the only large-scale pan-regional player in Latin America. Our world headquarters is in Dublin with regional headquarters in Amsterdam) and Miami.
We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-packaging solutions and collaborate with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights in packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. This is enhanced through the benefits of our integration, with optimal paper design, logistics, timeliness of service, and our packaging plants sourcing most of their raw materials from our own paper mills. Our products, which are 100% renewable and produced sustainably, improve the environmental footprint of our customers.
To learn more about working with Ken and the Smurfit Kappa team contact Kate Flanagan| Partner – Tax | Barden on firstname.lastname@example.org OR (01) 9103268 and Kate will take it from there…..
At Barden we invest our resources to bring you the very best insights on all things to do with your professional future. Got a topic you would like us to research? Got an insight you would like us to share with our audience? Drop us a note to email@example.com and we will take it from there!