Barden are hugely proud to have been exclusively selected by Pro14 to support their appointment of a Finance Manager in Dublin; someone with pace, initiative and agility, who can help their CEO steer the organisation into the future.
A little about Pro14:
Formed in 2001, the business that runs the Guinness PRO14 was created by the Irish, Scottish and Welsh Rugby Unions to manage the premier club league for their respective professional teams. Expanding in 2017 with the introduction of South African Super Rugby sides and the SA Rugby Union, the business has gone from strength to strength. Most recently the business has brought on CVC Capital Partners as strategic partners in the league to turbocharge its development and have subsequently launched a new “Rainbow Cup” pitting the existing sides versus the Big Four South African sides, the Sharks, Bulls, Lions and Stormers coming in from April-June 2021.
A little bit about the role:
Reporting directly to the CEO you will have full responsibility for all aspects of financial management at Pro14. As a member of the leadership team you will develop and implement the financial strategy to support the overall business strategy, as the organisation continues to grow, innovate and expand.
A little about the day-to-day (not that this will ever be day-to-day!):
- Develop and implement PRO14 annual financial plan, while continuing to develop and improve the financial model for the business; identifying best practice from other rugby unions, sports and relevant governing bodies.
- Taking overall responsibility for all aspects of financial analysis and reporting, including production of statutory accounts, management of external audit processes and tax reporting in a timely manner.
- Oversight of a range of business contracts, including IT , facilities, payroll, accountants and auditors with the capability to review other legal contractual arrangements as they arise.
- Develop a suite of relevant and informative reports – weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually – for the leadership team and the Board.
- Liaison with private equity partners and Board as required.
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Management of payroll and all related reporting.
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Day to day cash flow management, managing accounts receivable/payable
- Further ad-hoc duties as required, including occasional project management
- Management of one direct report
If you’re up for it, a little about you:
- Qualified accountant with circa 5 years PQE who is comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic business. environment.
- A natural business partner with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Friendly, personable and comfortable working alongside a passionate team that are proud of what they help to create.
If you think you have the experience, attitude, and spirit to be a part of Pro14, drop Neil Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) a line and he’ll take it from there. Game. On.