Are you using Power Pivot? If not read this...
MS Excel – a real common denominator within the finance community in Ireland. Some of us are fluent in VBA on one extreme, others just used to working on plug and play sheets that were pulled together by those “guys in IT”. Regardless of your level of expertise however, and whether you are in finance or another department for that matter, we pretty much all click on that little green book on a daily basis.
I recently learned of a new product in the Excel world – Power Pivot (MS Power BI). The team in Microsoft have been using it for years but it does not seem to have become part of the general landscape yet. A little bit of info below (provided to Barden by a regular Power Pivot user) on a product that could change how we work (and play) with Excel in the future:
MS Power BI:
1. Harness the power of analytics by improving insight, driving simplicity and generating increased business impact.
2. Moves finance professionals from data provider to trusted advisor.
3. Can enable self-service BI and collaboration globally which is driving a new agility and insight for Finance.
4. Standardises and drives consistency in key processes across operations finance record, AP, procurement and FP&A activities.
5. Defines clear success factors particularly in the area of reducing overall cost and leveraging more cost effective BPO services in defined processes.
6. Can remove the barriers between finance and IT and redefined the role of IT in supporting finance to manage their own BI.
For a little more detail see this great post by Mr Excel (Read more)
At Barden we invest our resources to bring you the very best insights on all things to do with your professional future. Got a topic you would like us to research? Got an insight you would like us to share with our audience? Drop us a note to email@example.com and we will take it from there!