ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working within a small Finance team but sitting in the broader Group, this role sits alongside the operational function, gaining an understanding of the business and finance. Main responsibilities include:
- Cultivating a relationship between operations and finance to help better inform business decisions;
- Taking ownership of month end reporting (i.e. preparing monthly management accounts, P&L analysis, balance sheet recs, etc.);
- Liaise with other departments and provide analysis from a commercial and finance perspective;
- Analysing current business procedures, and suggesting cost saving measures;
- Assessing profitability across products, assisting with pricing, budgeting and forecasting;
- Ensuring Group controls re cash management, and;
- Ad hoc projects as they arise.
“This entity is the fastest growing in our Group, and this team is extremely commercial. We are looking for someone who understands business and finance and how they interact. If you are commercially astute and want a role that is more analytical and business focused, this is what we can offer. For the right person, there is ample opportunity for progression, especially given our growth over the last few years.” – Group Finance Director
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Part Qualified Accountant with experience in a retail environment;
- Commercial experience an advantage;
- Strong communication skills essential;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Must have an ability to challenge the norm, and;
- Must be driven and ambitious, with a drive to succeed.
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the tax, accounting & finance community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support at each step of your career.