Barden have been engaged by one of the world’s leading medical technology companies to identify a Senior Management Accountant to join their team. This is a key role within the Finance Team where you will be responsible for partnering with the stakeholders of the business in order to drive site excellence.
Our client is a global leader in the medical device field with multiple investments in manufacturing and supply chain business units nationally. Ireland is the global hub for this business and as a result there is a constant need for high calibre qualified accountants to join and within the organisation. The role in question will be quite varied but will broadly include the following:
- Partner with business unit leaders in relation to the ongoing development of their financial knowledge and the preparation of monthly financial outlooks.
- Provide financial commentary of the monthly management accounts for the facility.
- Attend and provide financial inputs at the monthly business unit reviews.
- Review and analyse the annual budget, the setting of the annual standard costs and the distribution of the annual transfer pricing files to customers.
- Review and analyse the financial outlooks throughout the year and provide financial commentary on the associated risks and opportunities.
- Review and analyse the preparation of the annual capital budget and ongoing capital spend projections throughout the year.
- Ensure that adequate internal financial controls exist and are adhered to within the facility
- Participate in cross-functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
- Drive process changes in the Finance area to ensure the provision of information to key business owners is more efficient
- Actively contribute as part of the Finance Team to setting and achieving the team’s goals and objectives.
“We have the highest performing finance team in our global business – this means that expectations are high but so too are the rewards and career advancement” – Finance Director (Europe)
The ideal person will:
- Be a qualified accountant with 3-5 years post qualified experience in a large, multinational organisation
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to act as a liaison between Finance and Manufacturing.
- Be commercially aware and enjoy interacting with cross functional teams across the organisation.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once.
- Have a good work ethic and strong career ambition which is critical for success in this role.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.