An opportunity has arisen for a tax director to join Munster’s largest tax team based in Cork. This is a great opportunity for an experienced tax professional who is eager to be part of well-respected and high performing team as it grows and develops.
As tax director, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of indigenous clients with elements of international tax planning. You will gain broad consulting experience in a dynamic environment and be involved in growth and development of the tax team in Cork as well as leading business development initiatives.
This firm offers a competitive remuneration package along with flexible working arrangements, generous leave entitlements, pension contributions, healthcare, gym membership and opportunity for accelerated career progression.
About the position
- Responsibility for a broad portfolio ranging from advicing Irish residents and non -residents to large outbound corporates.
- Provision of tax consulting advice to a wide range of owner managed businesses and their shareholders.
- Advising clients on complex transactions including mergers, acquisitions, group restructurings, transfer pricing etc.
- Assisting clients in developing tax strategies which align with future strategies direction of the business such as pre-sale planning, family succession, expansion to include taking on new investment etc.
- Working closely with Partners and other team members in providing advice to clients on a wide range of tax advisory projects
- Project management of Irish and cross border planning projects – such as moving tax residence, non-domicile planning, family succession planning, pre-sale planning etc
- Researching and reviewing tax technical memorandum and reports for provision to clients
- Liaising with Irish Revenue on behalf of clients.
- Supervising and mentoring a team of tax professionals across numerous levels
About the person
A qualified tax consultant, with experience in advising both individuals and corporates. The person should be comfortable dealing with clients and building relationships. They will be a good communicator, self-motivated and capable of leading a team.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.