The practice landscape in Ireland has evolved over recent years creating new opportunities for tax professionals across all levels. This evolution has primarily stemmed from the increase in the complexity of tax within a globalised economy, resulting in a surge in demand for specialist tax services.
Whilst the larger firms continue to add to their teams, recent recruitment drives have been led by teams across the legal firms, top 20, top 50 and smaller specialised tax firms. A lot of these firms are developing their tax services, particularly in the international space, which has generated excellent opportunities for tax professionals eager to progress their careers.
The Shift in Culture
Whilst the above analysis is of no real surprise to the market, the truly evolving factor within the practice landscape has been the shift in culture felt within the firms. While pressures to meet client demands remain a natural challenge, firms have recognised the need to offer their employees more; diversity of work, structured career paths and, most importantly, flexibility; the real game-changer in the practice firms’ ability to attract and retain top talent.
Encouragingly, many of the partners and directors hiring at the moment cite personality and culture fit as the most important factor when considering their next hire, and they themselves have developed cultures that are open, approachable, flexible and rewarding.
Looking for New Opportunities?
Barden is delighted to be building relationships with many of these hiring managers based in practices across Dublin and Cork. We know what they’re like to work with and we know what type of person they would like to work with. As a tax professional considering your options, it’s so important to look beyond a job specification or company website and instead get to know the people you will potentially spend a lot of time with.
A sample of the opportunities available are below. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more or if you would like to get a general better understanding of the market in general, please contact your team at Barden – Kate Flanagan (Tax Partner, Dublin) and Aideen Murphy (Tax Partner, Cork).
- Tax Compliance Manager – Big 4 – Cork (Part time/flexible hours option)
- International Tax Senior/Assistant Manager – Big 4 – Cork & Dublin
- Global Mobility Tax Assistant Manager – Big 4 – Cork & Dublin
- Tax Manager – Top 10 – Cork
- Senior Corporate Tax Manager – Big 4 – Limerick
- Tax Director – Top 20 – Cork
- Aircraft Leasing Senior Tax Manager – Big 4 – Dublin
- Tax Associate – Leading Irish Legal firm – Dublin
- Technical Senior Tax Manager – Big 4 – Dublin
- International Tax Associate Director – Top 10 – Dublin
- Senior Tax Manager – Private clients – Big 4 – Dublin
- FDI Tax Consultant – Big 4 – Dublin
- Tax Technology & Transformation Consultant & Manager – Big 4 – Dublin
- Financial Services Tax Manager – Top 10 – Dublin
- Tax Consultant – Top 20 practice – Dublin
Need help planning your professional future?
If you are a tax professional looking for a new opportunity or wishing to build your professional team get in touch with our specialist and experienced tax career advisors here at Barden – Kate Flanagan (Tax Partner, Dublin) and Aideen Murphy (Tax Partner, Cork).