Barden are bringing a whole new way of working to Cork, and we would like your help to make it happen. A key Client of ours is moving to the next phase of growth in Cork’s first Finance Hub, where multinationals go to house their European/APac finance teams.
How does it work? Multinationals setting up new European/APac Finance teams in Ireland will no longer need to hire their own teams, will no longer need to rent office space, engage 3rd parties for tax/statutory advice nor navigate the complexities of setting up/maintaining suitable structures in Ireland. Our Client will do it for them. Easy.
Why are multinationals using our Client? Working in this model will enable multinationals to reduce their risk, reduce their exposure, save time and save money. Simple. The model also strengthens internal business cases for FDI and streamlines the whole FDI process from concept, through to go live, through to business as usual. Makes sense.
What will these new teams look like? The teams will look exactly like the many existing international finance teams in Cork. The key pillars will include RTR, P2P, OTC and similar – a mirror of some of the well-known finance teams in Ireland. Subtly your internal stakeholders (US Finance Leadership for example) will be external stakeholders but that will change little in terms of how your day job feels. There will be some differences though. We’re hoping you will like them.
Why work in the Finance Hub and not just directly for a multinational? Opportunity. It’s that simple. In the Finance Hub you will get:
- Opportunity to be a part of green fields sites – so no glass ceiling
- Opportunity to access external promotions internally – as the Hub brings in more FDI, you will have the chance to move to new companies and to new industries. For example – you might start in the accounting team for a Software company, but get promoted to a team leader in a Pharmaceutical company. A new client on-boards in the Finance Hub, you could get the chance to move role, industry and company. Nice
- Opportunity to work across a variety of ERP systems
- Opportunity to avail of best-in-class internal Training & Development
- Opportunity to be promoted when you are ready for it
How do I get involved? Barden has been retained by the Finance Hub to identify top finance talent in Cork to support their initial multinational clients. If you are a Finance Manager, a recently qualified accountant, a part qualified accountant, or an OTC or AP/PTP specialist……and you’re interested in becoming a part of the next big thing to happen to finance in Cork…. contact Aideen Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any of the team at email@example.com and the guys will take it from there. Simple.