ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working within a small Finance team but sitting in the broader Group, this role sits alongside the operational function, gaining an understanding of the business and finance. Main responsibilities include:
- Cultivating a relationship between operations and finance to help better inform business decisions;
- Taking ownership of month end reporting (i.e. preparing monthly management accounts, P&L analysis, balance sheet recs, etc.);
- Liaise with other departments and provide analysis from a commercial and finance perspective;
- Analysing current business procedures, and suggesting cost saving measures;
- Assessing profitability across services, assisting with pricing, budgeting and forecasting, and;
- Ad hoc projects as they arise.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Part Qualified Accountant with experience in a retail / hospitality environment;
- Commercial experience an advantage;
- Strong communication skills essential;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Must have an ability to challenge the norm, and;
- Must be driven and ambitious, with a drive to succeed.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.