Barden have been engaged by a leading pharmaceutical company in Cork to identify a qualified financial accountant to join their team. Working as part of a large, highly professional team, you will take on a key finance role within the company’s SSC.
“We have one of the top finance teams in Ireland. We’re not just looking for someone to take a job here, we’re looking for someone who can be a future leader in our organisation and wants to work with a company where they can continuously progress” – Finance Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for the General Ledger accounting for one or more entities;
- Responsible for review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions;
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP;
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders across EMEA;
- Preparation of key performance indicators and the establishment of a continuous improvement culture;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and supports the audit process by providing timely and accurate information and data;
- Evaluation of processes and recommends and implements process improvements;
- Responsible for supporting and preparation of the Statutory Accounting Activities for one or more entities.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified Accountant with post-qualification experience in industry an advantage;
- Experience working in a Shared Service Centre is an advantage but not essential;
- Experience with US GAAP and SAP is desirable;
- Strong technical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to work effectively across multiple functions and different cultures;
- An effective team player, who demonstrates excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
Please get in touch with Orla Crowley in Barden (email@example.com) to discuss this role further.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Legal, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions.Simple.