Barden are working with a large Galway based business in the FMCG/retail space to retain a Head of Finance to join their senior management team. The Head of Finance will support the business by managing a significant and accomplished finance team over a number of locations and helping to grow the business organically and by acquisition.
‘We are looking for an accomplished head of finance to join our team. The successful person will be a strong leader and able to work with stakeholders at all levels to grow the business and continuously improve on processes, systems and management information.’
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance will;
- maintain full responsibility for all financial reporting and management information
- be responsible for all banking relationships
- work with professional advisors and be a key point of contact for external stakeholders
- manage a team of 6 to 10 people and take responsibility for coaching, mentoring and developing team members
- be tasked with improving systems and processes
- manage Group and statutory audits across all entities and be responsibe for ensuring these are completed to the required timescales
- be responsible for ad hoc projects as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Professional Accounting qualification – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA or equivalent with 6+ years relevant PQE
- Knowledge & experience of accounting, local compliance & tax regulations.
- FMCG and/or retail experience
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a team is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage well through ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.