Barden are delighted to be supporting our client, a Large Irish Business to identify a Finance Manager in their Cork HQ. The business are leaders in their field and have celebrated huge success in recent years. Reporting directly to the CFO with regular engagement with the CEO, the ideal candidate will be energetic, possess strong technical skills and an ability to build meaningful relationships across the business.
This is a strategic hire for the business, and we are delighted to be able to bring this role to the Cork market. This is a broad and varied role with an opportunity to progress further in the business for the right person.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
There is an immediate opportunity for a Finance Manager that will help drive decision making through their analysis of the numbers, understanding the cost drivers and ascertaining the cash flow impact.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
– You will be responsible for all accounting activities including Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, Forecasting & Budgeting and maintaining a strong control environment.
– Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations
– Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives with a focus on creating efficiencies across the finance function
– Act as a key business partner to other departments within the organisation
– Preparation of year end accounts and act as the centre point of contact with external auditors
– Provide mentorship and leadership to a well-established Finance team
– Ad hoc duties and projects to support the growing needs of the business
“This is an exciting time to join our business as we embark on our next phase of growth. It is a strategic hire for the business with ample opportunities to grow your career in a dynamic organisation” – CEO
ABOUT THE PERSON:
– Qualified Accountant with 5 years PQE
– Strong Technical Skills
– Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills
– Ability to work successfully on own initiative in a fast-paced environment
– Organised, efficient and confident personality, positive attitude
– Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
– Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.