Barden are delighted to have been asked to act on behalf of the Group COO to support the appointment of a Group Commercial Controller to oversee the finance and reporting function for a significant global sports organisation.
Leading a seven-person team, this could be a career defining role for the right person as the organisation embarks upon an unprecedented period of transformation.
‘This is a unique opportunity to step into a people leadership role in a period of significant transformation, and to make your mark overtime and with experience have a strong commercial impact on the business’ Group COO.
The role sits alongside the heads of finance and reports to the Chief Financial Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support the CFO in the delivery of finances operational & transformational goals
- Ensure compliance to internal control strategy and group policies
- Ensure operational reporting and month end process are accurate and on-time
- Leading a team through a large scale finance transformation journey
- Working alongside sales & commercial teams in driving process improvement
- Facilitating and fostering standardisation & automation of financial operational processes
- Calculating and monitoring the Key Performance Indicators of the Business
- Develop internal relationships to ensure accuracy, maintenance and delivery of financial reports, statements, and information.
- Manage external audit process and produce annual financial statements
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- ACCA (or equivalent)
- At least 8 years’ experience in financial controllership type role
- Managed teams
- Exposure to international finance
- Excellent communication skills
- Be ambitious, hard working and a team player
- Be very comfortable working on their own initiative
- Have excellent IT and project management skills
- Multi-tasking and ability to work against tight deadlines
- Travel may be required
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.