Barden are delighted to be partnering with a leading global organisation who are appointing a new Global Head of Indirect Tax.
The Global Head of Indirect Tax will lead a large, experienced global team across all aspects of Indirect Tax, including; compliance, strategy, risk assessment and management, process optimisation and automation etc. The Global Head of Indirect Tax will play a critical role in shaping the company’s tax strategy and will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure a collaborative approach.
This role will allow an experienced Indirect Tax Leader to really add value to the organisation on a global level while also building strong relationships which will be important for the local team in Cork.
About the role:
- The Head of Indirect Tax will drive best practice for Indirect Tax processes across the group
- They will be responsible for Indirect Tax Strategy including assessing compliance processes, considering relevant tools/automation, identifying impact of new indirect taxes (e.g. carbon taxes)
- They will work closely with senior internal stakeholders across Tax, Transfer Pricing, Supply Chain, Finance
- They will be responsible for overseeing responses to audits, liaising with external advisors and tax authorities
- They will lead and motivate an experienced and high performing team
- They will work closely with senior leadership to develop and lead future strategy for Indirect Tax globally
About the person:
- Min. 10 years’ post qualification experience in large accounting firm or multinational environment
- Qualified Accountant and ideally also qualified Tax Consultant
- A leader who motivates and leads by example by getting involved with team work as required
- Experience leading a large Indirect Tax team
- Strong technical indirect tax knowledge and also good commercial awareness
- A good communicator who enjoys building relationships
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the tax, accounting & finance community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support at each step of your career.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.