Barden have been asked to act on behalf of the Director of Finance of an Irish healthcare organisation to identify an Internal Control Manager to join their Finance team.
The organisation has excellent work life balance, offers flexible hours with hybrid working and above average annual leave. You also get great exposure across the organisation in a nice, supportive environment. Sounds great!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the role will be a broad mix of process improvement, evaluating compliance risks, reporting on compliance issues and working closely with senior management in the Finance Function.
- Key to the role will be to create and update policies, procedures, and protocols, ensuring that they are in-line with company law and latest regulatory requirements from the HSE and other external bodies.
- A key requirement of the role will be to improve awareness and understanding of the need for a strong culture of internal control.
- Project management of a number of key initiatives.
- Liaise with senior management in a clear and concise format.
- Business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- The successful person will be a Big 4/Top 10 qualified accountant (or equivalent) with 4+ years PQE.
- Have had experience of finance systems and knowledge of best practices in finance related processes.
- The Internal Control Manager should have excellent communication skills and leadership ability to facilitate and foster a compliance and learning culture in the organisation.
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation.
- Track record of personal achievements in a performance driven environment.
- Strong Computer Skills – Advanced Excel.
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.