Barden are delighted to be retained by a high profile, leading international Consultancy to help further build their Technology Consulting team. These roles are based in Dublin and Cork, but the group are operating a flexible hybrid policy.
Working with a high performing team across Ireland, you will assist in deriving greater value from technology – both in terms of customer-facing solutions and within their operations. Through significant investment our client aim to offer a wide range of services, from helping create digitally fit strategies and operating models to designing and building client-facing and operational platforms
The plans are ambitious and now the company are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals, with varying experience levels, to enhance their capability of the team. Success will be rewarded with a clear route to progression to senior levels within the firm.
“We are seeking to recruit experienced IT consultants to engage in digital transformation with our clients. You will have the right blend of hands-on experience, an eye for innovation, and an understanding of the markets in which my we work. You will use this to excel in client delivery and help develop and build client offerings.” – Head of Technical Change
ABOUT THE ROLE
On a Macro level this role will consist of multiple inputs across a number of key strategic areas including;
- Client delivery: You will work with clients to deliver technology projects that will support their business objectives. They are currently implementing projects in the healthcare, banking, insurance, property, energy, utilities, retail, wholesale, fast-moving consumer goods, and government sectors.
- Business Development: You’ll be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects
- Thought Leadership: Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to develop their solutions to deliver value and improve their operations. You will help raise the profile of the firm in this regard
On a Micro level this role will support a number of activities directly including:
As a client-facing IT consultant, you will carry out IT PMO and business analysis activities including:
- Provide administrative support such as document management, event management, budgeting and invoicing, meeting organization, and assisting with the formatting and production of reports, documents, and presentations for clients undertaking technology projects
- Deliver effective communication on projects to key stakeholders including and manage stakeholders across the project lifecycle including users and external resources/service providers
- Manage & report on status, risks, and issues across projects. Escalation to Project Sponsor and Steering Group as appropriate
- Manage user training and support
IT Business Analysis Activity:
- Assess IT solutions and recommend improvements
- Carry out process mapping and identify areas for process improvement
- Lead user requirements workshops and develop and document the requirements, providing challenges to the users to ensure the requirements meet desired business outcomes
- Develop and document functional and technical specifications and solution design documents
- Deploy or manage the deployment of custom and standard software products
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Proven experience in supporting business development activities, client relationship management and contributing to winning proposal development
- Experienced in an Agile software environment and working with project management software platforms e.g., Microsoft Project, JIRA
- Project management certification e.g., Prince2, PMP
- 2+ years of direct work experience in a technical business analysis/project management office capacity
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft software products including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
- Possess Effective Stakeholder management skills to effectively deliver software projects
- Competent and proficient understanding of business solutions, such as CRM, ERP, Document Management, Productivity suites, etc.
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.