Barden are delighted to partner with a Global Biopharmaceutical Organisation in their search for an IT Support Technician to join their Global IT team.
Working alongside the supportive US-based IT Team, you would act as the primary contact for on-site support in Ireland, providing Level 1-3 support and actively participating in significant global projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Setup and Configuration: Setting up workstations with computers, peripheral devices, routers, and printers while installing and configuring software as per specifications.
- Network Management: Developing and optimizing local networks, ensuring performance, security, and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- User Support: Providing guidance to users on operating new software and equipment, troubleshooting issues, and maintaining records/logs of repairs and maintenance.
- Coordination and Maintenance: Organizing upgrades and maintenance schedules without hindering others’ work, working with global IT team members and vendors to resolve problems.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a helpdesk function, with a proven track record in IT Technician or relevant roles.
- An in-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles, certifications would be a distinct advantage (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.