Barden are delighted to have been asked to act exclusively on behalf of our client to support the appointment of an IT Systems Engineer to their team in Dublin. This position presents an exciting opportunity for an IT enthusiast with a broad skill set and a dedication to continuous learning and development.
“This individual will have a key role in providing essential support for worldwide IT operations spanning three locations. Specifically, the Dublin office will be tasked with overseeing and maintaining the organization’s overall infrastructure.” Head of IT, Dublin
Position Overview: As an IT Systems Engineer you will play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing the IT systems and infrastructure (on premises, cloud, servers, storage and network equipment) to support the seamless operations of our business. The ideal candidate will bring a strong technical background, hands-on experience in systems administration, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Systems Administration: Manage and maintain the organization’s IT systems, including servers, networks, and associated hardware and software. Monitor system performance and proactively address issues to ensure optimal functionality. Ideally, this person should possess hands-on experience in these activities, emphasizing practical involvement rather than a focus on vendor management oversight.
- Network and Security: Maintain and enhance the company’s network infrastructure, ensuring security measures are robust and in compliance with industry standards. Monitor firewall configurations to safeguard against cyber threats. Ensure reliable, secure, and cost-effective delivery of services.
- Cloud Services Management: Manage and optimize services in Azure cloud platform ensuring efficient utilization and integration with existing systems.
- End User Support: Provide technical support to business-users, troubleshooting hardware and software issues promptly. Collaborate with the IT team to implement solutions that enhance the overall user experience.
- Application support: Work with developers to deploy and maintain applications, including hardening and vulnerability remediation.
- Backup and Recovery: Manage backup and recovery strategies to ensure data integrity and business continuity. Conduct regular testing and updates to verify the effectiveness of these strategies.
- Collaboration and Documentation: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support IT projects and initiatives. Maintain comprehensive documentation of IT systems, processes, and configurations.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate with external vendors for procurement and support activities, ensuring cost-effectiveness.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in IT systems administration and support
- In-depth knowledge of Azure, M365, D365, network management, security protocols, cloud & on premise.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and security best practices.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven background in supporting teams across multiple jurisdictions and time zones.
- As the majority of staff and users will interact with the Dublin IT team remotely, remote communication skills are crucial.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, CompTIA Security+, etc.) would be advantageous.
This role is most suited to someone coming from a smaller organisation
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.