One of the world’s largest technology companies is looking to hire a German speaking lawyer to join its international legal department in Dublin, Ireland. The department has a vibrant, dynamic, collaborative and very sociable environment, composed of a large team of international lawyers supporting multiple regions in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will primarily support the DACH markets, working closely with sales, procurement, finance, and other functions and stakeholders. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial contracts, such as those pertaining IT outsourcing and other IT services, SaaS and cloud, software licensing, IP, data protection, etc.
- Supporting the business in matters of compliance, corporate law, privacy, competition, IP, disputes, etc.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business and with other members of the European and DACH legal teams to collaborate in solving complex legal issues.
LOCATION & FLEXIBILITY
The company operates a hybrid model with 2 days in the office in Dublin and 3 days from home per week. There is also good flexibility to work from abroad when required (e.g. during holidays seasons, for personal reasons, to extend the period of time at home before or after holidays, etc.).
The organisation is also very open to considering internal relocation to other international offices once people are well established within the company and the department in Dublin. Most often this means relocating to join the legal team in one’s home country, but on occasion the business is willing to accommodate international movement to other countries.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Qualified lawyer in a EU country, ideally Germany, Austria or Switzerland, OR a legal graduate in one of those countries who has started or plans to start the lawyer qualification process;
- Native level of German language or with full professional proficiency (spoken, written and read);
- An interest in pursuing or develop a career as a commercial/transactional lawyer and in working in the tech sector.
Barden’s Legal recruitment practice is where legal professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your legal career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.