Barden is delighted to partner with the Senior Director of a Fortune 500 independent global Business Advisory Firm, which operates across the globe in +85 cities, in their search for a ‘Manager – Corporate Finance’ to join their team in Dublin or London.
“This is an exciting time to enter the firm, as we continue to grow and expand our business across the US and Europe. As a result of this growth, I am looking for key talent to join my team to provide crucial support during client engagements, supervise team function in both engagement delivery and team development, and contribute to our future business growth plans. We are excited for the growth trajectory to come and are keen to get someone on board to be part of that journey” Senior Director – Corporate Finance
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is for an experienced finance professional to join either the Dublin or London Corporate Finance segment of the business. The team is based across our Dublin and London offices serving global clients.
We focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by CFOs.
Our Core Services:
- Finance Strategy & Planning: We help Finance create value to their organisation and enhance decision-making capabilities covering Finance Strategy & Vision, Organisational Design, M&A Strategy, Transaction Readiness and Financial Due Diligence.
- Financial Reporting, Business Modelling & Forecasting: Business planning and reporting capabilities assessment including FP&A Support, Financial Modelling and Management Reporting Improvement, Working Capital and Cashflow Improvement and Debt Raise Support.
- Finance Operating Model Improvements: Finance transformation support and cost optimization covering Finance Transformation and Process Improvement Support, Finance Target Operating Model Design and Implementation, Cost Reduction and Take-Out and Turnaround & Restructuring.
- Finance Technology & Systems: Finance technology assessments and finance system implementations including Finance Technology Landscape Assessments, Platform Selection, Finance System Implementations and Digital Finance Transformation (e.g. Data Visualisation).
The role will also play a key part in expansion from North America of the Office of the CFO Solutions (“OCFO”) practice, the firms Finance Centre of Excellence, into the EMEA region.
- This role will be a critical team member to help lead and execute client engagements.
- Supporting CFO clients in navigating M&A transactions across the full M&A life cycle of funding raise, target identification, due diligence support and post-deal business integration.
- Delivering Finance Transformation programmes that optimize the Finance operating model, align cost and service levels to business objectives, and position CFOs to succeed.
- Developing and stress-testing integrated business plans, budgeting and forecasting models using a fact-based, data driven approach, including KPI definition, data visualization and reporting automation.
- Understanding of the architecture of finance technology enablers including experience implementing ERP and EPM systems, designing data visualization solutions and optimizing processes for the month end close.
- Analysing the current client operating environment, identifying cost reduction opportunities, designing target state solutions and executing implementation plans.
- Improved management and financial reporting through KPI definition, data visualization and reporting automation.
- Support wider business transformation engagements as required.
- This role also carries business development responsibilities in addition to client work.
- Act as key support to the Senior Director in overseeing the current team located in both Dublin and London, in all aspects of team management.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Undergraduate or Masters’ degree in an Accounting, Finance, or related program.
- Professional Finance or Accounting Qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CFAs).
- 5+ years’ experience working in a finance function or consulting on key finance processes.
- Proficient in Financial technology and various finance systems (ERPs, EPMs, Consolidation Tools, Forecasting platforms etc.).
- Ability to synthesize and advise on complex financial and operational concepts and issues; and translate those to clear and actionable recommendations and insights.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability and drive to learn new skillsets quickly.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple conflicting requirements.
- Expertise in dynamic financial modelling, FP&A and decision support.
- Month end close experience.
- Financial due diligence, M&A and general corporate finance experience.
- Experience with ERP systems and/or budgeting and planning software.
- Project experience in high paced environments focused on rapid results (e.g. rapid performance improvement , turnaround, due diligence).
- Experience supporting and/or facilitating design workshops.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work both separately and as part of a team with professionals at all levels and of various disciplines.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.